RSS Feed

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Laptop maintenance

Allie's laptop has been getting hot lately, so we took it apart to clean out the dust and (let's face it) cat hair. First of all, the documentation on HP's website (it's a Compaq) was really bad. We had to take out waaay too many parts to get to the CPU fan (which is something you usually need to do about once a year on a laptop). I know on most "business-class" laptops, there's just one panel to get to the fan/heatsink. Anyway, so we got it open and took out this little thing:

It's pretty much all cat hair. Except the quarter. I don't know how that got in there...

Oh, and my new job is going very well, thanks for asking.

P.S.: John Hodgman rules! I love PCs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Allie! Sorry I don't know your email. Hope you had a good one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Allie! Sorry I don't know your email. Hope you had a good one!