RSS Feed

Monday, March 08, 2010

8K for H20

A quick cross-post update!

Jon and I went to visit Jenny in Charleston, SC where she is working on her masters at the College of Charleston. She is involved in a student group that puts on an 8K race each year to benefit a local environmental/water conservation group. Jon and I went down to visit her and participate in the race. So we ran in the annual 8K for H20. This year's race benefactor was LEEP – the Lowcountry Environmental Education Program.



8K is the furthest I've ever run in my life!! It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. There were 200 participants in the race and it was good practice for our big run coming up in May. I wasn't quite ready for the distance, so didn't do great, but I'm just so happy that I finished. I was originally going to only run the 5K, but I'm glad I bit the bullet and went for the full 8. I was second to last (literally – 199/200) at 1:11:12, and Jon did great at 51:28.

Woo hoo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys!!! I'm thinking about running the marathon in Champaign next year... but I'm not sure yet...

I'm so proud of you two!!! :-)

Sarah PP Head