RSS Feed

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Arts and crafts

This afternoon Jon and I (and Lenny) put together this wonderful adorable chest of drawers. My Mom bought this for us for Christmas, and it has been sitting in the corner of our bedroom since. We were nice and motivated, fresh from doing a load of laundry and a load of dishes, and we decided to embark on an adventure. This delightful chest of drawers came from, of course, Ikea, and matches our other chest of drawers and wardrobe. Everything from Ikea is god-awfully heavy and comes in about 4 thousand peices. The nice folks at Ikea do supply super-simple, word-free instructions and several mini tools to put it all together.

Here is pretty much what comes out of the box.



Here is Jon, awash in partially constructed peices.



Lenny was also very willing to help.



Another picture of Foreman Lenny inspecting the quality of our work.



Finally, we got it all together! We're quite pleased with ourselves!






And the finished product!!!!



((I know, what a long post about one peice of furniture! Just wait till I have a kid some day!! Haha!))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! It looks FABULOUS~~you guys did a good job! Is it full of socks and underwear now? =0)
Hmmmmmm, and it's PURPLE. Imagine..

Anonymous said...

mmm...IKEA....

Turgid member that one time I got IKEA bedroom furniture and then I made my boyfriend put it all together for me?

I am so sweet. ;]


p.s.
Tell Lenny I said, "Meow!"