RSS Feed

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. ~Robert Browning

Well, 23 years ago today I burst forth into this world, pink and screaming, to the horror amazement of my parents. Soon to follow would be my (ever) late twin sister, equally loud I'm sure.

My mother groaned, my father wept,
into the dangerous world I leapt;
helpless, naked, piping loud,
like a fiend hid in a cloud.
~ William Blake



Its been a good 23 years, and I can't wait to see what the next 23 have in store!

Happy Birthday dear sister. <3


Also, thank you to everyone who wrote, called, texted, emailed, whatever. I felt very loved today. Thank you Jon, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Bill, Sue, Jenny, Cory, Jordan, Jamie, Ashley, Katie, Doug, Grant, Claudia, Jeff, Paulette, Sharon, Kim, Elin, Clare, Sharon, Sarah, Evan, and anyone else who sent me warm thoughts. You are all in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. I enjoyed seeing you and Jon.
23 years ago - how can that possibly be?? Just think - for a whole 30 minutes you were an only child. =0)
Love you.
Momma

Janna said...

Happy Birthday Allison! I will eat 23 slices of birthday cake and think of you.